Brushing your teeth is an important part of your oral healthcare routine, and regular brushing helps to remove bacteria that builds up on your teeth and gums. Here at Hatamian Dentistry we recommend you brush your teeth at least twice a day to maintain a healthy smile.
Here are a few tips to help brush-up your technique:
- Keep the brush head at a 45 degree angle to your teeth.
- Use a gentle, circular motion. Think of it as a massage for your gums!
- Clean all 3 tooth surfaces: the cheek side, tongue side, and chewing surface.
- Aim to brush your teeth for 2-3 minutes.
- Think about dividing your mouth into 4 sections. Spend 30-45 seconds in each section and then you’re done!
Once finished brushing, ensure you rinse your toothbrush and keep it in a place where it will dry. Incorrect storage of your toothbrush can cause bacteria to build up which can then be introduced into your mouth during your next brushing.